Most people have problems when they have to fix their own healthy lunch recipes for work, since they don’t really know any tasty recipes that can elevate their mood during the day. Most people think that they have to choose between tastiness and health – and many of them aren’t really thrilled with the option of opting for healthy meals but with crappy taste.
Well, you know what? You don’t have to choose between any taste and health anymore, because now you can enjoy healthy meals for your lunch without having to worry about the taste anymore. Who says all healthy foods are crappy? With these lunch ideas, you are guaranteed to have a blast while enjoying your lunch – which will affect your mood after you finish eating them.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Options
If you don’t really like the idea of having too stuffy or heavy meals during the day, you can always choose the old school PBJ – Peanut Butter and Jelly – options. Peanut butter can actually be fulfilling and healthy – if you know how to deal with them. Moreover, there are loads of great ideas of how to fix them up, so you won’t have to worry about your sugar level anymore.
Here are some of the best and healthiest options
- Grilled PBJ. If you are bored with the regular PBJ, why not grilling it? You can enjoy different combinations and textures with crispy outer and warm buttery on the inside. You can heat it up in the office microwave after grilling it at home, so you can still enjoy the melting peanut butter when eating it.
- Use the waffle iron. Not many people would think about using their waffle iron for the PBJ. The result is super crunchy and warm PBJ that melts every time you take a bit on it.
- Battered and deep fried PBJ. For healthier options, you can use veggie or olive oil, but deep fry still results in loads of oil. But this one can satisfy your craving and guaranteed to make you full. Keep in mind, though, that it can get very stuffy with all those abundant of oils, so if you are ready to be full the whole day and probably skip dinner, this is the one for you.
- Fun PBJ. To avoid boredom, you can tweak your PBJ and comes with different flavor ones. For instance, you can spread three different flavors on one slice of bread and other three different flavors on another slice. For bread A, you can have honey, strawberry, and peanut butter, and you can have Nutella, peanut butter, and marshmallow fluff on bread B. be creative and see how fun it gets!
- Uncrustable PBJ. If you have a little press, you can make your own fun PBJ wit sealed pocketed result. If you want to have enjoyable mini PBJ lunch, use the cookie cutters. They are cute and highly handy!
- Rolled up Sushi PBJ. Cut a slice of bread into several smaller forms, apply the peanut butter (as well as other accompaniments) and roll them up. They look good and tasty, and they can be great options for snacking time mini bites.
- Banana Dog PBJ. Corn dog is tasty, but it is also high in fat and other unhealthy substances. If you want to do experiments with the peanut butter and hot dog bun, why not making banana dog, instead? Spread the peanut butter generously on the hot dog bun, top it off with banana, add strips of jelly, and have a go! You will be surprised of how yummy it is and how fulfilling it turns out to be.
- Crackers and PBJ. If you are bored with the regular bread, use plain or sugar crackers. You can make small sandwiches for easy bite. They are tasty and quite fulfilling after several bites.
- Fruity PBJ. If you dare enough to do experiments, you can always replace the jam or jelly with fruits. The peanut butter is perfect when paired up with cheese, grapes, or strawberries. The fruity flavors will make you fresh the whole day.
- Unique PBJ. Do you know that peanut butter tastes good with potato chip? Yup, you can combine peanut butter with pickles and potato chip. It is unique, it is tasty, and it is healthy.
In case you want to try different recipes other than the PBSJ, there are some healthier options for you. Making them is easy and they are super healthy.
- Ginger Sesame Soba Needle Salad.
- You can use packaged soba noodles; if you don’t feel like making one yourself, but make sure that you follow the instructions to the letter. The noodles should be tender but not overcooked until it turns mushy.
- Drain the noodles, dunk them in ice bath so they can reach room temperature. You can also rinse them with cool water, if your hands aren’t full.
- Make sure there isn’t excess water.
- Combine soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, salt, and also garlic in a big bowl.
- Add the noodles into the mixture of dressing, along with bell peppers, asparagus, scallions, mung bean sprouts, cilantro, and sesame seeds. Tossing it around for coating.
- That’s it! You can have tasty and fulfilling healthy lunch right away!
If you don’t like asparagus or it is not the season, you are welcome to try other ingredients like chopped kale or shaved fennel. You can also add other veggies that you like the best, like shredded carrots, snap peas, or mushrooms.
- Salami Cream Cheese Sandwich
Simply spread the mustard for a slice of bread, add arugula and salami. Spread the cream cheese on another slice of bread. Close it and it is ready to serve. You can prepare this bread the night before. Once you close the bread, wrap it tightly in a plastic, and refrigerate it. It doesn’t matter whether you consume it cold or hot, because it remains tasty and fresh.
Who says preparing healthy lunch is difficult? there are tons of tasty and healthy recipes out there – you only need to choose which one you like the most.