Finding and having funny wedding cake toppers is actually easier than you think. Most people think that such cake toppers require special custom or delivery before the big day, but they are very easy to find – in fact, easier than you think. You probably think that cake shops would be crazy to sell such cake toppers and they prefer selling the old school, traditional toppers. But that’s the fun in it: most cake shops understand that such funny cake toppers have their own potentials, and they are appealing to those with big sense of humor.
Coming up with Unique Wedding Cake Toppers
You probably think that the cake toppers won’t make any difference, but if you have made up your mind about creating something unique and unforgettable, this kind of cake topper will be your best option. Lots of little details will be the center of attention; after all, why not? It is your big day, and you will be the ‘main attraction’ of the day. That’s why everything you do and everything in the party will be the talk of the town. People will be talking about whether the food is superb and excellent, or crappy. They will be talking whether you have beautiful and elegant celebration, or everything is sloppily done. They will be talking whether you look beautiful or handsome, or you look like you just wake up from a crazy hangover. They will be talking whether the wedding gown is perfect or it makes you look bloated. And they certainly will be talking about the wedding cake.
Going with tall and majestic wedding cake is good and perfect, but it tends to be boring. Some couples choose the very tall wedding cake, while some are quite happy with short one. Some may be daring and bold enough to order unusual wedding cakes with uneven surface or abstract concept, while some prefer the traditional shape. The cake itself won’t be complete without the cake toppers, which will be the main attraction. Going for regular bride and groom stand side by side is good, but what’s the fun in it? If you like to appeal your humorous side and you want to entertain your guests along the way, you should go with the funny toppers. Don’t worry, these funny toppers are quite affordable and customizable. If you want to have custom order, be sure to arrange the time so everything won’t be done in a rush.
How to Choose the Funny Wedding Toppers
You probably think that choosing a funny wedding cake toppers will be easy, but wait until you have to do it and you are presented with various themes and styles. Here are some handy and helpful tips so you won’t have to struggle with difficulty during the process:
- Decide on the types of cake you want to have. You probably think that the types of cake have nothing to do with the cake toppers, but they are highly related. For instance, if you decide to have a vanilla wedding cake, most likely you will have all white icing and decorations, which will be perfect when paired up with the regular cake topper consisting of the black tuxedo groom and white dress bride. However, if you go with orange fruit wedding cake, for instance, going with the traditional cake toppers won’t be matching. You can go with beach theme bride and groom with their brightly colored beach clothes. Feel free if you don’t want to take this step, but don’t be surprised if you see confused looks around you.
- Discuss what kind of theme or style you want to have. Although you and your partner may be both humorous, everyone has different opinions of different element. For instance, your partner may be attracted to the funny idea of having both of you doing your favorite activities, while you may be attracted to the idea of a bride dragging the groom. Really talk about what you want to have for the top of the cake and find something in the middle that you both like.
- If you want your cake topper to be the main attraction of the party, you should choose the right height of cake. Don’t go with too tall cake, or everyone will miss the details of the cake topper. Choose a low height if the cake is just a symbol, and the topper will definitely steal attention. Choose with a medium height is you plan on eating the cake together with your guests.
- Prepare the time to choose the right cake topper. You should do it along with your wedding cake shopping. While browsing around for the right wedding cake, also consider the cake topper. Have a talk with the decorator; they should be able to show you what kind of designs and styles they have done. These cake shops usually have their own portfolio. If you want to have custom design, talk to them from the very beginning. Not only you should find an expert that can make the topper as you wish, you also need to make time for the whole arrangement. It is good if you are going for cake shopping around 3 to 6 months earlier, but if you want to have custom topper, make time around 8 to 9 months earlier.
You should also consider other stuffs, such as:
- The balanced size between the cake and the topper. In some designs, the cake is somewhat bigger than the topper, and the vice versa. Besides looking ugly, it is not aesthetically symmetrical. It would be better if you can discuss with the cake shops about having demo, so you know whether they are qualified or not.
- Your budgets. A wedding cake isn’t cheap, and if you are going to have custom cake topper, it is going to cost you extra. Plan and prepare a certain budgets for the cake only, including some additional expenses for the topper. After all, something special generally requires extra spending and expenses, although it doesn’t always mean to be costly.